IN ZONE ENROLMENT
Maungawhau School operates an enrolment zone. Providing you are currently residing within the home zone prior to enrolment you are automatically entitled to enrol your child.
Please contact us by email and we will post you an enrolment pack. These are also available from the school office between 8am and 4pm on weekdays.
Once we have received your completed “Student Enrolment” form your child will be added to our pre-enrolment list. Four weeks prior to your child turning 5 we will phone and ask you to come in and meet with our Principal. At that time please bring with you all the paperwork needed to finalise your enrolment. These are the things you will need to complete:
- Declaration of residency, witnessed by a JP or solicitor
- Audiology form
We also need to see originals of your:
- current Auckland City rates demand or
- tenancy agreement and a current power account
- child’s immunisation certificate (if fully immunised)
- child’s birth certificate or passport
It is a legal requirement of the Ministry of Education, that all enrolment forms are completed prior to enrolment, failure to do so may jeopardise your child’s place.
Once you have met with the Principal, your child will be placed in a class and class room visits can be arranged directly with your teacher.
Each term, new parents to the school are invited to a morning tea. These are hosted by the senior management team. This is a great way to meet other parents and learn about our school.
You will be given a list of stationery requirements before your child starts school. Please have these named and ready for their first day. Once your child has started school you will receive a statement regarding the recommended annual parent donation, and activity fees.
Enrolment at Maungawhau School is governed by an enrolment scheme. The enrolment of out of zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989. The Education Amendment Act (No 3) 2010 changed the priority of out of zone students selected via the ballot. The change only affects students not living in school’s home zone.
Each year the Board of Trustees of Maungawhau School reviews the intake of enrolments and decides how many spaces in each year level will be available for out of zone placements.
Applications for out of zone enrolment will now be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to any applicant who is accepted for enrolment in a special programme run by the school. (Maungawhau School does not have a special programme running).
- Second priority must be given to any applicant who is the sibling of a current student of the school.
- Third priority must be given to any student who is the sibling of a former student of the school.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If the board receives fewer applications than there are places available all applicants will be enrolled.
Applications from out of zone students are only accepted if a school board chooses to take a number of these students. Out of zone students must be taken in the order of priority listed above. A ballot is used if there is a need to make a selection from within a priority category. Ref: Ministry of Education
The Maungawhau School Board of Trustees has opened its ballot for enrolments starting in 2017.
Ballot for 2017 Enrolment – Term 2, 3 and 4. The following places are likely to be available for out of zone students;
- Year 0/1 25
- Year 2 5
- Year 3 5
- Year 4 5
- Year 5 5
This enrolment period runs from the first day of school after the April school holiday break (1st May) until the end of Term 4. For students seeking enrolment within this enrolment period, the deadline for receipt of applications for out of zone places is 4pm on the 5th April 2017.
|Child starts school in Term 2, 3 and 4 of 2017 (Year 0/1,2,3,4,5 only)||Applications Open:||Friday 10th March 2017|
|Applications Close:||Wednesday 5th April 2017|
|Ballot Drawn:||Friday 7th April 2017|
Click on the following links to view and print
Pre-Enrolment Letter to Parents – 2017 Ballot Enrolment information
Application Form – Out of Zone Enrolment Form
For all correspondence, please email: email@example.com
For further information not available above please contact the school office Ph. :(09) 638 8829