THIS WEEK’S REMINDERS
Lucky Books – orders need to be dropped to the library or done online by Tuesday 31 October please
Scroll down to ‘Fair News’ for all the updates/reminders/requests for our annual school fair this weekend!
School Hats to be worn for term 4 please
STUDENT SAFETY REMINDER
Please remind your child when they are walking, cycling or scootering to school to be vigilant, to always look both ways and check it is all clear and safe before crossing the road.
BEING PART OF A ‘SCHOOL HOUSE’ – EARNING HOUSE POINTS
Maungakiekie House (Red) Owairaka House (Green) Te Tatua House (Yellow) Maungawhau House (Blue)
Every student of Maungawhau School belongs to a ‘school house’. Earning points for your house is very rewarding and exciting. House points can not only be earned during sport but also in the classroom and playground. Children can earn house points by doing really well in a subject like speeches, participating within the class, showing leadership, helping others and many other ways. House points are also given out on major sporting days if you get a place in your race. Each week the house points are added up and read over the loudspeaker. The aim is to be the house with the most points at the end the year. We would love to see all students wearing their house colours on house competition days, especially on sports days to help build team spirit, participation and create some healthy rivalry between the houses. House shirts will be available for purchase at this year’s school fair at the special rate of $10 each.
- Please drop off your sweets and cakes on Friday morning to the school office.
- Please add your name to your class roster for fair day asap please.
- Mini wrapped chocolates/bars/sweets for fair day prizes – drop off at the school office please.
- Secondhand Goods (Books, Clothes, House Items, Toys & Games) – drop off at the school hall between 9am to 3pm please.
- SHIPPING/LARGE BOXES wanted for the school fair. Please drop off to school hall ASAP.
- Jars and sugar no longer required.
FOR YOUR DIARIES (Please check regularly as dates and times can change. Any updates in red will be highlighted)
Term 4 (please check the school website calendar, notices coming home for more details on upcoming activities and events)
- School Fair – Saturday 28 October, 11am – 3pm
- Sports/Cultural/New Entrant Classes Photo Day – Thursday 2 November
- New Parents to the School Q&A Information Session – Friday 3 November, 9am in the school staffroom
- Year 6 Camp – Monday 6 November to Wednesday 8 November at Camp Adair
- Middle School Tiritiri Matangi Island Visits – Wednesday 8 November (rooms 13 and 14), Thursday 9 November (rooms 15 and 16) Friday 10 November (rooms 19 and 21)
- Athletics Track Day – Tuesday 14 November (for 8+ year olds as at 23 November)
- Athletics Field Day – Wednesday 15 November (for 8+ year olds as at 23 November)
- Parents/Caregivers/Friends Movie Night – Thursday 16 November
- Junior Sports Day – Monday 20 November (for 5 – 7 year olds as at 23 November)
- Year 6 Prizegiving – Tuesday 5 December
- Volunteers Thank You Morning Tea – Wednesday 6 December (TBC)
- Year 5 Peter Pan NYTC Production – Thursday 7 December
- Year 6 Disco – Friday 8 December
- Whanake Junior School Team Picnic – Tuesday 12 December
- Matauranga Senior School Team Picnic – Wednesday 13 December
- Waipuna Middle School Team Picnic – Thursday 14 December
- Last Day of School – Friday 15 December, 12-noon finish
Term 4 Zones Competitions
- Athletics Zones – Thursday 23 November (Save Day – Thursday 30 November)
Term 4 Assembly Timetable (Assemblies start at 2pm. Please note there will be limited room for parents and caregivers at whole school assemblies)
- Friday 3 November – Maungawhau Whole School – led by rooms 23 and 24
- Friday 10 November – Whanake Junior School – led by rooms 3, 7 and 10
- Friday 24 November – Waipuna Middle School – led by rooms 13 and 14
- Friday 1 December – Matauranga Senior School – led by room 25
- Thursday 7 December – Maungawhau Whole School – led by Teachers
TERM 4 BOT MEETING DATES
Meetings are held in the school staffroom and start at 5:30pm.
- Thursday 9 November
- Thursday 14 December
CLASSIFIED ADS & UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
TERM 4 PROGRAMMES AT AUCKLAND NETBALL
NETBALL SKILLS CLINICS
Give your child a step up with structured expert coaching by trained Auckland Netball coaches. Our Netball Skills Clinics focus on developing and improving netball skills, improving confidence and refining technique. A specialised 6-week programme delivered by our expert coaches to take your child’s netball to the next level.
Mt Eden: Years 1 – 4, Monday 4:00pm – 5:00pm & Years 5 – 8, Monday 5:05pm – 6:05pm
St Johns: Years 1 – 4, Tuesday 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Years 5 – 8, Wednesday 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Where: Auckland Netball Centre, St Johns and Kohia Terrace School, Mt Eden
**BE FIT, BE STRONG, BE PREPARED**
Net-Beat is a fun 6-week fitness programme with a netball focus for years 5 – 10 players.
The winter netball season is over so now is the time to get your friends together, have fun and stay in shape to ensure you’re ready to start the season on a high. Led by High-Performance players the sessions are an hour long at St Johns and costs $85 for 6 weeks.
Dates: Monday 30 October – Monday 4 December | Time: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
REGISTER ONLINE or find out programme details on our website www.aucklandnetball.co.nz
OR CONTACT: Serena Somlyai T 09 280 4129 E email@example.com
Please find attached information on our new Maunga Manu Annual Pass, we have a special offer for our school newsletter readers where you get 10% off the annual pass for purchases made online between 26/10/17 – 9/11/17 promo code SNLMMAP. Please refer to our website for more information.
‘Hoki atu ki tou maunga, hei purea ai I nga hau e wha o Tawhirimatea – Return to your maunga To be cleansed by the four winds of Tawhirimatea’
Enrol your young sorcerers in the Highwic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for a day of magical mischief, fantastical fun and creepy creativity.
Come dressed in your best wizarding garb and attend an Advanced Potion Making class, undertake a Wandlore Apprenticeship, become adept at Magical Millenary and complete the ultimate Quest for Magical Creatures in our grounds.
If you prove to have enough wizarding potential you’ll fly away a graduate of the prestigious Highwic School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
When? Sunday 29 October 12.30 – 4.00pm
How Much? $5 per child, $10 per supervising adult. Maximum of four children per adult.
Make a Booking
Please call Highwic on (09) 524 5729 to make a booking Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNITY FACEBOOK PAGE
Don’t forget to follow us on FACEBOOK for interesting articles, local events & community information, as well as keeping up to date with things happening around our school.