FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Dear Parents and Caregivers
Thank you from the Student Action group for your support around today’s cupcake fundraiser for the SPCA, raising $404. What a great effort.
Thank you also for your support with the Primary Teachers’ Union strike action occurring next Wednesday 15 August for the whole day. As per our Board Chair’s message to our community last week, our school will not be open for instruction, next Wednesday, only for supervision if alternative arrangements can not be made. As a principal, I do not recall in my career of over 30 years, where Education has been at such a low ebb, in terms of people wishing to train to be a teacher, the scarcity of teachers available, the relatively low salaries and the stress of being in a classroom, all day every day, with only one hour of classroom release per week for administration as part of our current Collective Agreement . As a colleague of mine asked his community – Would you want to become a teacher? According to our secondary schools, the answer from most of our senior students, appears to be no nowadays.
A reminder to year 6 parents that there is a Camp parent information evening this Wednesday starting at 5pm in the staffroom.
Eden/Albert Netball Zone competition is occurring at Auckland Netball Centre, St Johns this Thursday 9 August. We wish our netball teams all the best for this event.
This Friday 10 August starting at 9am in our staffroom is our meeting for New Parents. Often our parents of our junior students, have more questions, after their child starts school, and they come home with their reading book and word ring of common sight words. This meeting is for this group of parents.
Have a great week,
UPCOMING EVENT/ACTIVITY REMINDERS
SCHOOL FAIR CALL OUT – DRESS UP DAY
1st dress up day – spots and stripes – Thursday 23 August
Junior School – please bring a packet of mini chocolates for FunZone prizes.
Middle School – please bring a packet of wrapped sweets for Lolly Leis e.g. Fruit Bursts
Senior School – please bring a bottle for Mystery bottle stall e.g. Olive Oil, Pasta Sauce, Baby Oil, Gingerbeer, Citronella Oil, Chocolate Sauce, Balsamic Vinegar, Scented Oil Diffuser. Please note – no alcohol. These will be wrapped and used in a mystery bottle raffle.
Term 3, Week 2
Top Student: Aditi Ravikumar from room 24 with 24,192 points
Top Class: Room 28 with 35,898 points
FOR YOUR DIARIES
Term 3 (please check the school website calendar, notices coming home for more details/updates on upcoming activities and events)
- ICAS English Test Day – Tuesday 31 July
- Lucky Book Orders due – Monday 6 August
- Action Group SPCA Cup Cake Day – Monday 6 August
- Year 6 Camp Parents Meeting – Wednesday 8 August 5pm in the school staffroom
- New Parents to the School Information Session – Friday 10 August 9am in the school staffroom
- ICAS Maths Test Day – Tuesday 14 August
- Quiz Night – Friday 17 August
- APPA Choir Rehearsal – Monday 20 August
- Fair Dress Up Day (Spots and Stripes) – Thursday 23 August
- Teacher Only Day (School Closed) – Friday 24 August
- Year 5 EOTC Week – Monday 27 August to Friday 31 August
- Year 6 Camp – Wednesday 29 August to Friday 31 August
- Year 4-6 Conferences – Thursday 6 September (more details to follow)
- Students Art Exhibition – Thursday 6 September (more details to follow)
- Fair Dress Up Day (Crazy Hair) – Friday 7 September
- APPA Choir Rehearsal – Friday 14 September
- Sausage Sizzle Day – Friday 21 September
Term 3 Sports Zones Dates (please note this is for teams of selected students only)
- Netball Zones – Thursday 9 August (Save Day – TBC)
- Gymnastics Zones – Thursday 16 August
- Rugby Zones – Tuesday 28 August (Save Day – Tuesday 4 September)
- Champ of Champs Gymnastics Competition – Thursday 13 September
Term 3 Assembly Timetable (Assemblies start at 2pm. Please note there will be limited room for parents and caregivers at whole school assemblies)
- Friday 10 August – Waipuna Middle School – led by room 22
- Thursday 16 August – Matauranga Senior School – led by room 27
- Thursday 23 August – Maungawhau Whole School – led by the Senior Habitat
- Friday 31 August – Whanake Junior School – led by rooms 1 and 3
- Friday 7 September – Waipuna Middle School – led by rooms 15 and 16
- Friday 14 September – Matauranga Senior School – led by the Senior Habitat
- Friday 28 September – Maungawhau Whole School – led by room 28
Term 3 menu available here
TERM 3 BOT MEETING DATES
Meetings are held in the school staffroom and start at 5:30pm.
- Thursday 30 August
- Thursday 27 September
TERM 3 FOMS MEETING DATES
- next meeting date TBC
CLASSIFIED ADS & UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS
授课时间：每周二，三，四 下午3点- 3点45
如果您感兴趣，请直接联系ANN老师 email@example.com 或者把您的姓名和电话留给学校的办公室，老师会打电话和您联系。
Ann, our English Language Assistant who takes ESOL groups at the school, is now available for tutoring one to one ESOL lessons after school.
The sessions will be 45 minutes long and cost $30 per session. Sessions will be designed to meet your child’s specific learning level and requirements.
Available weekdays: 3pm – 3.45pm
If you are interested, please email Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your name and contact number at the office and Ann will ring you.
एन, हमारी इंग्लिश लैंग्वेज टीचर Maungawhau स्कूल में ESOL क्लासेज लेती हैं , अब बच्चों के लिए ESOL classes को पढ़ाने के लिए अवेलेबल है।
क्लासेज 45 मिनट की अवधि के लिए होंगी और चार्जेज $ 30 खर्च होंगे।
क्लासेज डेज : मंगलवार, बुधवार और गुरुवार
समय : 3 बजे 3:45 बजे
कांटेक्ट करें : email@example.com पर ईमेल करें या स्कूल ऑफिस में अपना नाम और टेलीफोन नंबर लिखवा दें और एन आपको कॉल
आपके बच्चे की समझ की अनुसार पढाई का माध्यम तैयार किया जायेगा
जो लोग इंटरस्टेड हैं कॉल करके रजिस्टर कराइये!!
COMMUNITY FACEBOOK PAGE
Don’t forget to follow us on FACEBOOK for interesting articles, local events & community information, as well as keeping up to date with things happening around our school.