Once again thank you for your excellent efforts in fundraising for our beautiful new Tuanui. Already the school has been benefitting from this. Recently we had the St John Ambulance Educators using this space to teach our children basic first aid skills at different year levels. Tuanui provided a large sheltered space for children to participate in some practical hands on learning experiences. It has also provided a comfortable space for the children to attend whole school assemblies during the hot summer months. Tuanui gives teachers more options when planning Physical Education lessons and also a more reliable space for coaching our school sports teams as they prepare for zone tournaments. With the lighting and sound system available Tuanui provides our school with more opportunities to share music festivals, art exhibitions and dance performances.
Some of our fundraising efforts for this year will be for the second stage of this project: sound, portable goals for netball and futsal and portable seating as well as new fencing. One of our parents Ralph Walker is looking at sponsorship to support this project. If you wish to be involved or can help in any way please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just like our school hall and school pool Tuanui is available for hire and use by our School Community and below is some more detailed information regarding this:
- No fee for coaching a Maungawhau sports team that is representing the school.
- A subsidised fee of $25.00 per hour plus a $200 refundable key bond if it is an external group which includes Maungawhau students.
- Full cost of $40.00 per hour for external groups with no Maungawhau students unless there is a regular booking then this group also qualify for the subsidised fee.
- Cost of hire goes towards the maintenance, key cutting, cleaning etc… of the facility.
- When you hire you prepay and collect and return a key from the office.
- Hire will be dependent on availability which can be checked at the school office.
- List of items which cannot be used in Tuanui e.g. bikes or anything else with wheels which may damage or mark the surface.
- There is access to a toilet included in the hire.
- Whilst Tuanui is a covered outdoor space it is obviously not completely enclosed so is exposed to the rain. Be aware that when hiring the facility if it has been raining the surface might be wet.
- Please avoid balls being kicked too high as we are being mindful of lights.
- Tuanui is available each school day for children, assemblies and school events.
- Tuanui is locked at the end of each school day so that it is not damaged from inappropriate use given the significant investment which has been made. There are many other open areas in the school that can be used and enjoyed by the school community outside of school hours, including the playgrounds and sandpit, the fields, the courts and other paved surfaces. We appreciate the respect and care shown in preserving these facilities for all to use.
- Any questions or feedback regarding hire please contact our school office on (09) 6388829.