What is our online library?
You can search for books, reserve books, write book reviews, see what students have out on loan, see what you have overdue plus more....
How to use our online library
Children and parents can access the Online Library website from both school and home. Here you can check what books children have out (and see what they look like if they can’t remember!) search for and reserve books, browse books and write book reviews.
All our students and parents can access our Library online from both school and home. You will be given a login by your class teacher. Here you check what books children have out (and see what they look like if they can’t remember!) search for and reserve books, browse books and write book reviews.
Below is a video tutorial to help you navigate around how to use this library website.
VISIT OUR ONLINE LIBRARY
- Click on the ‘Search our Library’ button on the Maungawhau School website homepage.
- Enter the child’s unique library borrower number. If your child doesn’t have this, please ask your child’s teacher or pop into the Library to get it. You do not need to enter a name or password.
- This will give you the child’s current loans, overdues and loan history.
To search for books
- You can search books by a range of categories including title, author or subject and then filter the results by type (such as fiction, non-fiction, picture books).
- The pictorial Visual Search option is good for younger readers/writers who may not be able to spell what they are looking for.
- Books with a green dot are available, ones with a red dot are out.
To reserve books that are out or books on the New Book stand (these have a red dot next to them)
- Search for the item you are looking for in the search box.
- Click on the title.
- Click on ‘Place Reserve’ in the left hand corner.
- Click on ‘Reserve’ in blue. A ‘Reserve Placed’ confirmation will pop up at the top.
- The reserve will be available once it is returned depending on your place in the queue. You can check your place in the queue by clicking on ‘reserves’ on the main log in page.
To write a review
- Search a book you want to review or find it from your loan history.
- Click on ‘Write a Review’. Remember to give a reason why you liked or disliked a book and give it a rating out of five stars.
- When you have finished, click on ‘submit’.
- Reviews will be available to view once they have been verified.