Volunteering in our school
We encourage our parent community to get involved in any way they can as our school relies heavily on the efforts of our parents. From helping out in the classroom, coaching sports teams, assisting with fundraising to running community events.
Parents can become involved in school life by:
- Becoming a Class Liaison
- Assisting a class either in the class or from home (parent help)
- Sharing a special skill or ability
- Providing materials for school use
- Assisting in the library or with reading club before school in the morning
- Volunteering for the Garden to Table programme in the kitchen or garden
- Helping with Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC) activities and school trips
- Assisting with sports teams – coaching or management
- Assisting with fundraising events including the school fair held in November
- Sponsor the school if you work for a company who can donate goods or services
- Donating goods or services for various fundraisers.
Please contact the class teacher if you would like to help out in class or contact the office if you are interested in getting involved in other ways as mentioned above. Phone: +64 9 638 8829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is necessary when helping in the classroom that you keep confidential any information that you obtain about the students in the classrooms and not discuss the students outside of the classroom with other people.
You can also come along to one of our FOMS meetings. Meetings are held once a term in the staffroom. Dates for these meetings are published in the newsletter.
READ MORE ABOUT FOMS